CPD and Event opportunities
Professional Development Opportunities
Bioenergetics, Nutrition, Exercise, Weight Management and Performance
Bioenergetics is a branch of biochemistry that studies how our cells handle the energy we need to survive, perform and thrive. This first-of-its-kind course takes a look under the hood of our bodies’ metabolic functions, sharing the ways our food choices impact weight, performance, recovery and overall wellness, as well as how to develop enduring dietary habits that optimize health and well-being.
Course Outline/Table of Contents:
Module One. Welcome to Bioenergetics, Nutrition, Exercise, Weight Management and Performance
Module Two. Scope of Practice and Members of the Interprofessional Team
Module Three. Human Energy
Module Four. Bioenergetics
Module Five. Energy Balance and Optimizing Macronutrient and Micronutrient Intake for Exercise, Weight management, and Performance
Module Six. Optimal Food Timing and Fluid Balance
Module Seven. Core Features of Common Diets and Supplements
NDIS Fundamentals for Exercise Physiologists Virtual Workshop
As of 30 June 2021, there are 466,619 Australians accessing the NDIS. The main objective of the NDIS is to provide all Australians who, before the age of 65, acquire a permanent disability that substantially impacts how they manage everyday activities with the reasonable and necessary support they need to live a meaningful life.
Exercise Physiology is a relatively new service that is accessible by participants of the NDIS, with many either not understanding the role that EP’s play, or how their funding works.
The purpose of this virtual workshop is to inform AEP’s and business owners about the role that Exercise Physiologists play within the disability sector. We will look at the NDIS as a system – where it came from and its challenges – the role of EP’s in the system, how to deliver excellent client experiences to NDIS Participants by understanding reporting and assessment requirements, and how to start building a caseload of NDIS participants by reaching out to the right professionals in your local community.
Anatomy of Movement
Learning to evaluate movement is key for all exercise professionals and those involved in sports performance. This interactive course covers joint movement (or “kinesiology”) and breaks down various exercises into their component parts, providing participants with a well-founded introduction to the anatomy of movement.
The Anatomy of movement course is six modules and is designed to take approximately five hours.
- Module One. Welcome to the Anatomy of Movement Course
- Module Two. Describing Body Position and Joint Movement. Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Module Three. The Skeletal, Articular and Muscular Systems and Joint Movement. Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Module Four. Upper Extremity Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Module Five. Lower Extremity Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Module Six. Cervical and Lumbar Spine Anatomy and Kinesiology
2023 Summit – Workout Remixes Save YOU Planning Time
Presented by Summer Sides
Developing a good workout plan takes time, so why not make it one that you can use again and again with just a few simple tweaks? This course will provide you with a step-by-step approach to developing science-backed exercise routines that you can then remix with ease.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Create safe, purposeful and meaningful workouts for clients of all ages using a step-by-step approach;
- Choose equipment, exercise and modification methods based on a specific goal for the workout; and
- Utilize the simple-modification method to create one workout that can be remixed over and over again to minimize the amount of time spent writing unique and individual workouts.
2023 Summit – Health Apps – What You Need to Know about Privacy and Security
Presented by William Dillon
Consumers and fitness professionals regularly use fitness-related health apps. While many of these apps provide important feedback to the client, coach and sometimes to health care professionals, users should be aware of the regulatory obligations related to data privacy and security.
Participants will be able to:
- Provide an overview of common regulatory requirements related to the use of health apps;
- Define the responsibility of the client and the fitness or health care professional for the use and disclosure of client data;
- Provide fitness and health care professionals with steps to comply with applicable law and limit liability; and
- Discuss steps to be taken in the event of a breach of client data.
2023 Summit – From Fitness to Wellness to Well-Being
From Fitness to Wellness to Well-Being – An evolution of Worksite Health Promotion
Presented by Reed Engel
The field of health promotion has evolved significantly over time, but never more so than in the last few decades as we’ve witnessed a movement from “fitness” to “wellness.” Now we are in the midst of another transition, this time from “wellness” to “well-being.”
This session will review the latest developments in our profession, provide real-world examples of this evolutionary process and position health promotion professionals to be at the forefront of this opportunity with programs and services to meet consumer demand.
Course-takers will be able to:
- Describe the evolution from fitness to wellness to well-being;
- Understand real-world examples of well-being programs and services; and
- Apply these growth opportunities within their existing and new markets.