International Confederation of Sport and Exercise Science Practice
Bringing brilliance together for better
Imagine the difference we could make to health, sports and activity with a global, unified voice!
As individuals and regional organisations, it’s harder when we try to do it on our own. The International Confederation of Sport and Exercise Science Practice was established in 2020 by national associations representing New Zealand, Australian, British, American and Canadian national associations in recognition of the positive benefits of global strategic connection.
Globally, the burden of chronic disease reduces the potential we can achieve as individuals, families, communities and nations. Cultural, personal, economic and environmental factors are all impacted by our physical health.
As sport and exercise scientists, we are the experts in assisting individuals, sports organisations and teams, communities and countries to apply the benefits of physical activity and exercise to perform better and optimise health, wellbeing and productivity.
Our vision is to positively impact individuals, communities and countries by advancing the international practice of the sport and exercise sciences.
ICSESP: A united voice and common platform
The purpose of the confederation is to serve as the peak international body to represent and support
national sport and exercise science associations and the professions they represent.
Equity and Diversity
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality and value and recognise the contributions of volunteers across organizations and communities.
Quality and Good Governance
We strive for excellence through continuous improvement and innovation with best practice governance principles at the core of our culture.
Our strategic goals
- Establish a global connection for the sport and exercise sciences.
- Establish and promote the adoption of an international set of standards for the professional practice of the sport and exercise sciences.
- Foster, disseminate and integrate research about the professional practice of the sport and exercise sciences.
- Establish and promote the adoption of an international code of conduct and ethical practice for the professional practice of the sport and exercise sciences.
- Generate global influence to change health policy for the inclusion of exercise for prevention and treatment.
- Support the availability and accessibility of professional development generated by member organisations that align with the professional practice of sport and exercise sciences.
Meet the Board Members
The International Confederation of Sport and Exercise Science Practice is a not-for-profit organisation governed by a Board of Directors.
We welcome professional organisations and individuals. Find out more about the benefits of ICSESP membership.
Discover practice guidelines, research updates and opportunities for ICSESP members.
News and Events
Find out what’s happening around the world in the field of sport and exercise science.